The False Claims Act also known as a “Qui Tam” (kwee- tam) action, rewards the public for bringing lawsuits to recover civil penalties and forfeitures from those companies and persons who have defrauded the government. Qui tam laws rewards those who bring (“relate”)...
IN VERITAS – The BayneLaw Advantage
- Business Judgment Rule: Bad Decisions by Directors or Officers are not necessarily a Breach of Duty.
- Business Judgment Rule: Directors and Officers May be Held to a Fiduciary Duty of Care.
- Are Directors and Officers Protected from Liability When Acting for a Company?
- Presentation of a False Claims Act Case Must Include Allegations of Several Key Items, or Elements, of the Claim.
- Under the False Claims Act companies and individuals are prohibited from making false statements or declarations to any agency or arm of the United States