ENVIRONMENTAL, CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY & FAIR TRADE PRACTICE LAW
The attorneys and staff of the Bayne Law Group LLC are committed to assisting businesses comply, defend and appropriately plan for the effects of their activity on the natural environment.
Federal, State and International recognition of corporate responsibility to respect developing legal concerns of justice, human rights and the environment has rapidly increased over the past several years. This global focus, at the multi-national and at the local levels, is resulting in both increased enforcement and private right of action claims against global, national and local businesses.
Our firm is familiar with the agencies and departments throughout the United States and abroad responsible for ensuring protection of the public, the environment and general inalienable human rights. The Bayne Law Group LLC works hand-in-hand with our clients to develop compliance programs to manage compliance with state, federal and international governmental regulations which address the new Corporate Social Responsibility.
Contact The Bayne Law Group to consult with an experienced attorney concerning your company’s environmental, corporate responsibility and fair trade practice compliance or defense needs.
Our relevant experience includes:
- Corporate policy and handbook development and drafting
- World’s Most Ethical Companies compliant counselling and policy guidance
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics advice and counsel
- Representing large multi-national corporations in hazardous substance liability and cost-recovery litigation
- Representing small to medium sized companies with regulatory compliance matters and claims defense
- Negotiating environmental consent orders, memoranda of understanding, and settlement agreements with state and federal agencies
- Multi-jurisdictional compliance contract drafting
- Product registration and labeling
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) formulation, review and compliance
- Counseling as to compliance with domestic and international environmental laws and multilateral agreements for new products
- Green Economy policy design
- Drafting and filing of Amicus briefs and other public comments on behalf of environmental and citizen groups as to pending litigation and legislation
- Speaking engagements in the U.S. and Europe on Human Trafficking & Green Economy Corporate governance advisement
- Not-for-profit and non-profit formation, representation or Board representation
Our lawyers provide core United States national environmental law advice and counsel including:
- Environmental and Natural Resource protection advocacy and legal counsel
- Responding to government enforcement actions
- Hazardous material / HAZMAT and remediation compliance
- Training in Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) requirements
- OSHA worker health and safety
- Insurance claim advocacy for environmental incidents and to mitigate risks
- Corporate and company environmental management systems advice and counsel
- Internal environmental investigations and insurance compliance
- Litigation of citizen environmental claims lawsuits
- Representation as counsel in litigation nuisance and environmental law tort claims lawsuits
- Legal environmental law counsel in historic contamination lawsuits, injunctions and complaints
- Legal guidance, advice and counsel in M&A, acquisitions and divesting involving environmental and land development issues
- Historic and cultural preservation permitting and requirements
- Applications for air quality permits / waivers
- Applications for water quality, use, drainage, draw off permits
- Applications for natural resource use / protection permits
- Applications for species evaluation / protection waiver & permits
- Responding to safety incidents, complaints and claims
- United States Federal and State environmental compliance and litigation
- Legal advice, counsel and representation in crisis response plans and environmental law urgent remediation and quarantine efforts
We can also advise on:
- GMO packaging and labeling requirements
- Product-specific regulatory compliance
- Legal obligations and defense of trans-border pollution claims
- Climate-change law updates and status reports
- Green energy certification
- Organic and Fair Trade product certification
- Conservation easements and historic preservation
- Endangered species protection laws and compliance
- Human Rights law matters such as human trafficking and political asylum claims
Preeminent Professional and Ethical Recognition*
Our attorneys and staff are prepared to provide the sophisticated representation required by emerging and established businesses from small, mid-market and Fortune 500 companies. Our managing member has been a rated practicing commercial attorney for over two decades, and has earned an the highest AV Preeminent* rating through Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review standard. Our firm carries that rating proudly to benefit of our clients.
*AV Preeminent is the certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Legal Counsel for Environmental Law, Corporate Responsibility and Fair Trade Practices.
Our team of lawyers skilled in environment, corporate responsibility and trade practice law combines our firm’s diverse experience in the areas of corporate, environmental, and international human rights law with our many years of experience counseling our business clients on all of their domestic and global regulatory compliance, in-house counsel, and litigation defense needs.
Our Environmental practice is available to support your company’s needs for legal counsel involving environmental litigation defense, corporate officer defense of willful violations, defense of environmental remediation, cost recovery and clean-up claims as well as general guidance and counsel in this complex and growing area of law.
The Bayne Law Group draws from our experience, knowledge and passion to guide our clients when business and trade meets environmental and social issues. Attorneys with our firm are active within the international legal community and have working relationships with policy makers at several United Nations programs and agencies, State Agencies and Departments of Law, as well as environmental professionals around the globe.